Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

cake pops and plastic totes

Its another exciting evening in the Egbert house.....

Making cake pops for a bridal shower tomorrow
and thinking about packing more totes

I am starting to get to the point where I just want to throw everything into s stupid box
BUT- I am determined to be organized and not be kicking myself once we move
Honestly, I am starting to get REAL tired of it. I don't think that it has really been till like this week that I have really started to get tired of the boxes- I mean that pile has been in there since NOVEMBER. For real.
But for the sake of my OCD I will continue to sort, clean and pack my totes.
13 more days.....
I keep getting more and more excited to move which I am glad because I was worried that at this point is when the like depression would kick in- thank goodness it's summer or else I don't know how I would feel about it if it was dreary winter.
In the end it is still pretty sucky though, I keep seeing all these people buying houses or looking around for new houses and THAT makes me a little bummed- seeing we had/have a perfectly great house......
I haven't really gone into the details too much around here (mostly because I don't think that Chris would be very happy with it, because it....sucks) but I kind of feel like who cares anymore you know? Crap happens AND it wasn't our fault.
Wrong place at the wrong time.
Wrong industry to have a job in at the wrong time.
Bad timing.
BAD economy.
BAD.BAD.BAD.
Just bad all around.....
Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't.
But you know, despite the fact that after 3 1/2 years of fighting and giving up (nearly) everything we have for a house (a THING) that we really could/can live without.
I literally cannot imagine life without these experiences.
Someone once told me-
"most people say Trials Build Character- but thats really not how it goes-
Trials actually REVEAL the character that we didn't know we had"
That has really stuck with me.
As many times as we wanted to give up and stop fighting we really didn't.
I would never go back and change the past, I never would trade it for anything. It's been hard, DON'T get me wrong- but I am happy for what we have become together and all the many experiences we have gained from this.
It will take along time for us for this to finally be all behind us and I honestly can't imagine life without that added stress.
Most importantly I take away from all of this-
I have learned everything that I can live my life without and finally learned what was most important to me- and what I really needed.


the buzzer is ringing- time to cake pop it up.....




1 comments:

Stephanie said...

well said... and no I don't think there is a better way to do them, it helps to have the cake mix well chilled.