Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Benny and the Jets

A while ago I got fish.
I don't really know why- just had a sudden urge to have fish.
It was almost like some sort of weird peer pressure
A lot of people at work have fish on their desks- so I decided I wanted some.
The first batch.... well.... we will leave it at "the first batch"
BUT
the second round has been much better- who knew paying $2 for fish got you a much more resilient fish! I have a little goldfish and a black moor. They seemed to do just great on my desk and they even survived the long weekend with no food (I know! it's sad!) At first it was great- they would just swim around and eat and it was quite entertaining watching them on long phone calls. I hadn't named them in fear their fate would be the same as Fat Fred and Gob their long lost relatives. But one day Telden (my brother) decided they need a name. So after much contemplation (not really- I was shocked even at how quickly he got the idea) the name was decided. My goldfish would be "Benny" and the moor would be "the Jets".

Everything was great at first! But after a while I couldn't stay on top of keeping their bowl clean! I can barely get MOST of my work done in a week let alone clean a fish bowl. So I decided Benny and the Jets needed to move home. My mom and I went to Petsmart and picked them up a fancy new fish tank with a handy cleaning filter (yay!). I have been staring at the tank for, oh, a week now trying to decide how to jazz it up a bit so that they can have a fun new home (since right now they are living in tupperware on the counter)

Well I finally found what I am looking for! Furniture- yes thats right furniture. I just got it ordered. It should be here from Great Britain in 2 weeks (they will just have to live without any furniture for a while). I also got some great "wallpaper" (scrapbook paper) to attach to the back of the tank and some great rocks to liven the place up.
I will post pictures as soon as I get it all together!

(I know random- I get bored at night while Chris is at work and lets face it decorating a fish tank- AWESOME)


2 comments:

Mel said...

Hahahahaha, that's awesome! We have a goldfish "Ella" that Matt takes care of. It was his idea so his job. (hehe) (Michael's fish died in the 1st several days, somehow this one has made it) But furniture??? Now that's definitely a new one! Must see pictures!

Stephanie said...

can not wait to see the big makeover!