Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

NOW I remember

Ever done something that immediately after you remember why you stopped doing it in the first place?
I had one of those moments last night- about 5 minutes after I got out of the shower and unwrapped the towel from my newly at home colored hair. I stood and stared in the mirror- and thought to myself THIS is why I stopped doing this.
It ended up being a lot less "dark reddish brown" and more..... Eggplant..... Yes it's purple.
Apparently my natural color did not want to take to the color and never fully processed. So now.... I am left with purple roots and an all over purple tint.
Definitely could be worse but I now remember why I stopped doing my color myself years ago. And if the crazy color didn't do it for me- the massive clean up that was required in the shower following the whole experience was another not so pleasant reminder.

So..... just call me Grimace.

3 comments:

The Walkers said...

Oh no! I'm sorry. Can't say I've ever had the experience but my mom has...it taught me to never do it :) Hope you guys are doing well!

The SoCal Jones' said...

Okay Grimace, we want a picture!

Metro Moments said...

Eggplant is totally in for fall! I'm glad you commented on my blog so that I could find you. It's great to stay updated this way!