Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Great Debate

A month or so ago you may remember that Chris and I decided Nico needed a new collar. She had just gotten her hair cut and so her neck was much skinnier than it had been when I bought her last one. Chris just CANNOT stand it that we have 2 girl dogs and refuses to allow Nico to have anything girlie because she is his buddy. He tells me I can buy whatever color collars and leashes for Zira {because she is my buddy} but for Nico it cannot be girlie. Originally when I was going to the store I thought " I am going to buy Nico the greatest pink collar and there won't be anything Chris can do about it! " {insert evil laugh here}
Well once I actually got to the store I just couldn't bring myself to get Nico a girlie collar. I just knew how upset Chris would be. I didn't want to just get an ugly black or brown one- so I decided on red. That seemed like a gender neutral enough choice. After looking around the store I finally ended up with this great collar. I was excited because I finally thought I had found the one we could both be happy with. I was so excited to get home with their newly made ID tags and give them their new collars.
Not more than 10 seconds after Chris walks in the door that night from work he exclaims in disgust "WHAT?! You got Nico a girlie collar??!" I was shocked. Never did I think red and BLUE would be considered to be girlie.
I feel thats it's a fairly gender neutral collar- Chris on the other hand will NOT be convinced- he thinks its as girlie as we can get without bright pink being on it.
So we need your help to settle this debate........

Girlie Or Not?





4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Girlie enough for me. Try getting like a spiked collar. Kevin

Amanda said...

I would have to say girlie. If it was a little bit more chunky I might lean towards a little boyish, nah who am I kidding it is totally girlie.

Mel said...

It may just be the picture making it look shiny but I'm thinking it's a liitle girlie. Maybe if it was red w/out the shine & trim... Sorry but it does look fancy-ish.

The SoCal Jones' said...

Not girlie. That is my vote!