Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Zira and the Sock

Well, Zira spends alot of time alone during the day while Chris and I are away at work. She usually occupies her time with: eating tissues, sleeping, chewing on her toys or any shoes left out, sleeping, ruffling up blankets, barking at dogs walking by, chasing flies in the house and collecting socks.
She usually likes to gather up any socks that happen to fall out of our hampers. On Wednesday night I apparently dropped a sock. Thursday when I came home from work Zira greeted me so happily with the sock she had found. Whenever she does this, which is quite often, she refuses to go anywhere without the sock. She is usually ready to go outside to go to the bathroom when I get home, so I got her leash and everything else I needed and got ready to go on a walk. Of course, Zira frantically searched for her sock and brought it outside. She was less than interested on going to the bathroom or a walk, she just wanted to bury her sock. After I wouldn't let her she darted back inside.
She carried that sock around for hours, trying to find the perfect place to put it. Needless to say, its Sunday and she still won't let go of that sock. Anytime I try to sneakily take it away from her and put it in the laundry she runs to it and runs off with it. She leaves it out in the middle of the room and sometimes I find them shoved under a pillow somewhere.
She has so many toys that we've bought for her and at the end of the day, she loves that dang sock.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL that is so funny! She certainly is a quirky little thing. I know what to get her for christmas, used smelly socks!