Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Healing Food Pyramid

This week at school in my Basics class we have been talking about Nutrition. It's so interesting to me and it's been a fun chapter for me and my students to learn more about what composes a good diet.
A few weeks ago, we had a guest speaker come in and discuss health and how important water is for us. I've been looking into it alot lately and I have found it so interesting how much good water is for us and the impact a well balanced diet can do for our bodies, skin, energy etc.
I really like the concept of this new food pyramid that has been studied at University of Michigan.
I thought I would share it with you all, its a great website with so much excellent info on eating a better "healing" diet.

www.med.umich.edu/umim

2 comments:

White Out said...

Holy Cow! Lanie! How are you girl!? I am so glad I ran into your blog! So nice to see what your up to!
Karlie

Gilly Funk said...

I am going to look at it! I love this kind of stuff, it'a amazing to me how much better I feel when I stick close to the pyramid.