Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Promotion...

It seems like lately despite our attempt to have good attitudes about our current direction in life, we can't stop attracting bad luck- except last week it seems like something decided to go our way this time. For the past year I have worked for a company called Harmony Home Health and Hospice. After a brief period of unemployment last fall I stumbled into the job. Having no prior experience what so ever in ANY health care field, I definitely questioned my success in the company and my position. Well, long story short it didn't take long before I came to realize that this job made more sense that almost all my other previous jobs including aesthetics jobs which is what I went to school for!
There have been alot of changes recently in the company in preparation for huge growth within the next few years and an opportunity arose for me to become a part of it. I jumped on that opportunity and well, I was determined for nobody to get in my way of getting where I wanted to be. On my one year anniversary with the company two weeks ago they offered me the position I had wanted. I'm very proud of where I have come from a Case Manager Assistant now to Regional Home Care Office Manager and can't wait for what is to come. I start my new position tomorrow and I can't wait, it feels great to work for a company that recognizes people for all their hard work!


Chris even made me a very delicious cake to celebrate the news! It was a delicious 2 layer yellow cake with toasted coconut butter cream frosting. (Impressed? He's become quite the homemaker these days.. sorry honey, it was REALLY good though!)
As you can see he's come a long ways from his attempt three years ago of making me a very similar birthday cake.

As you can see, he's skills have greatly improved...

1 comments:

Shayli & Kenyon said...

We are going to miss you!