Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

the socks

First I need to say, I love my dilly's. I treat them pretty much like my children. Yes, on an occasion I have dressed them up but never regularly and always as a joke. Zira has a coat for when its really cold outside and she wears it outside, only when its cold out. I can honestly say I never thought there would be a day I would actually consider buying boots for my dog.
Let me explain, Nico likes to be outside. She likes sitting by the fence, in the dirt, ALL DAY. For what you ask? For the 19 seconds every few hours when the wiener dogs that live next door come out into their yard and go to the bathroom. When those wiener dogs do come outside, she goes CRAZY. Like in some sort of trance and its impossible to get her out of. I can occasionally lure her in with an abandoned from breakfast leftover waffle but its still tough. Once those dogs go back in, she waits, until they come out again. Yes, it's obsessive and frankly we don't know what to do. But what I do know is when she is barking at those dogs she runs up and down the fence, in the dirt, which usually contains mud. Every time we bring her inside we have to wash her feet of and I am tired of it. Enter boots.
I decided rather than washing her feet every time she comes in we get her some boots. I initially was hesitant that she would immediately rip them off so we did a trial run with some of my nieces socks and well it went pretty good. They eventually fell off and she was happy about it but really did good and I think after Christmas I am going to buy her some boots.
Oh Nico and your tube socks....

The other day Chris and I came down to our bedroom to find Nico snuggled in bed. It was quite hilarious- she is snuggled up with Chris' body pillow.
Here is Brownie. She is the Jensen's dog but she loves to hang out with us down stairs everyday while we are looking for jobs. She likes to sit on top of the couch cushion its so funny.

0 comments: