Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

September

I can't believe the month is already almost over! I haven't hardly had any time this month to post.
Nothing new really has been going on in our lives. Chris has been busy working on getting the house done. Its so close these days, were just trying to get closed so we can finish it up. Closing takes so long and is such an annoying process! We've trying to be patient but I don't know how much longer I can last!
It is looking good though, there really is only a few finishing touches to finish it off. I'm so proud of Chris and all his amazing hard work, sweat, time and pain (there really hasn't been many injuries since the nail in the hand, thank goodness). I think at this point we're all ready to be done with it.
I've been quite busy with work. September we had 2 Orientation classes going which I was involved with both on almost any given day. Orientation is when we have new students that are starting school for the first time and when we have a group of students "graduating" to the next "class". I think I am just as glad if not more glad than the students are that it finally finished Friday.
Good news for me at work this month, I got a promotion which I have been working towards for a while. I'm the Director of Marketing at the school I work at called Acaydia. I'm really excited and its been really fun the little bit of time that I have been able to spend working on marketing.
I hope I'll have more time next month to post and hopefully I'll be able to put up pictures of the house up with us all moved in by the end of the month! (Keep your fingers crossed!)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Make sure you call us when you move!!! We'll be there to help, at least Kev will be a help- I'm a bit useless with heavy stuff but I'm awesome at unpacking...
Congratulations on the new job promotion! That's awesome! So do you teach at all anymore?

Lanie said...

Yea, I still teach the Masters program but just in the morning now...

Matt said...

Congrats on the job, and Happy Birthday! Sorry we didnt call. Hope Chris took good care of you with lots of flowers and presents!

The Walkers said...

Lanie! Its Chrissy Merrell. I found your blog on Karlee's. You and your hubby are so stinkin cute! I linked you on our page. Its walkersinc.blogspot.com. Come see us

First Child said...

Happy birthday I have tried to hook up with grandpa so he could take your gift over but i missed him. I will bring it when i get home from the bahamas in a week we love you and are so glad you are a part of the family. Oh and we lovew you too chris.

ryne and danielle cardon said...

Hey Lanie cute blog! How are you? It's been so long. I hope that you are doing well!

Tessa and Jeff said...

Lanie!! How are you friend!? It's Tessa Jennings (Hooley)... do you remember me? haha It's been a while huh? Now we can be blog friends right?? I can't believe you are building a house!! It looks great! Let's stay in touch...

Adam and Tone said...

Hey you! I think about you all the time.... It looks like you're doing great! Awesome house!! Ya, Laney is marriying my husbands cousin. Pretty small world, huh??